About the Company
Incorporated in 1977, Olympic Construction is an industry leading General Contractor operating throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. At Olympic, we pride ourselves on developing partnerships with Owners, Subcontractors, and Suppliers to ensure design and construction processes maximize value to our clients. We relish face to face communications and have entrenched values that compose the foundation of our working relationships for every project we deliver. Olympic has built upon its foundation of communication skills to incorporate technology and experience to create a collaborative environment that allows all disciplines to use their respective strengths. This approach results in prompt, thorough, and successful integration of all project stakeholders to benefit each project.
Overview of the Role
Joining Olympic as a Survey Lead, you will be a key member of our team committed to delivering high quality major construction projects from concept design through construction and commissioning in the commercial, institutional, and industrial construction sectors. Enabling a successful outcome for the client and building a strong and lasting relationship.
- 5+ years’ experience in the commercial / institutional / industrial construction fields as a surveyor
- Surveying/Geomatics educational background
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications as applicable to the position, primarily Civil3D and AutoCAD
- Experience with Trimble S7 total station
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence leadership in a positive manner
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, timelines and projects
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter who takes an analytical approach to solving problems
As a Survey Lead, you will report directly to the Site Superintendent and Project Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Field coordination with Olympics labour force
- Review of all issued for construction documents to aid in field implementation
- Layout of footings/walls/columns in accordance with project specifications
- Installation of anchor bolts and embedment’s for downstream construction activities
- Prepare as-built construction documentation
- Utilization of the AutoDesk suite of products to support construction field personnel, specifically Civil3D and AutoCAD.
- Proactively troubleshoot project challenges, conflicts, or disputes to an assertive resolution
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, authorities having jurisdiction
- Other duties as assigned
Working with Olympic Construction Ltd.
As an employee with Olympic Construction, you’ll get to work as part of one of the most experienced and trusted General Contractors in the Province. You’ll have a direct impact in your community by being a part of the driving force behind many of the most recognizable and iconic infrastructure projects throughout the province. You’ll also get to learn from those around you as we pride ourselves on integrating with design teams to promote a collaborative working environment resulting in creative and innovative results to successfully deliver on our Clients needs.
Our team members are the driving force behind our success and we ensure you are supported through fair and equitable salaries, comprehensive health benefits program, RRSP matching, and educational and training allowances to allow you to continue to develop and grow.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Olympic Construction Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the importance and value of a diverse workforce. We are committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by local and federal laws.
Olympic Construction Ltd. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. While we appreciate all applicant interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position(s): Full-time, rotational
Location: Marystown, NL
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education
To Apply: Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closes: October 30th, 2023